Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Finally Fall



I know it is just October but it has been so warm that I thought fall would never come to
 our mountains. It is here now in all it's glory. I have not been taking pics of the trees but
I thought I would share a few of my fall decor.
I used a tin from my web store (sorry, it is sold out for this year already) for my base. 
The faux sunflowers, leaves and gourds are from Hobby Lobby. 
Are you as glad as I am that sunflowers are back in vogue? 
My squirrels are vintage finds. My mom had some like these when I was growing up. 
Am I the only one buying back their childhood memories? 
The birdies are still available at Wren Elizabeth Gifts. You can find them here http://www.wrenelizabethgifts.com/item_1753/Small-Birds.htm.


The best place I have found for pumpkins this season are at Trader Joe's! I bought the gnarly green one above and the pretty Cinderella below for only $5.99 each! These are big and make great front porch decorations. While you are there, pick up a couple of bunches of sunflowers for $3.99 a bunch.



I love to mix faux, dried and real finds, especially in the fall. Don't you just love
 the colors of Indian corn?


We went to this pumpkin patch with our local kids and had a ball.
I have never seen a pile of pumpkins this big.
Happy fall!
Melin
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment