Thursday, July 21, 2011

No Sew Valance

I do not sew! But, I have that side of me that wants to create things from fabric. I usually bug my daughter and try to get her to sew things for me.
I have a guest room that is decorated in a retro beach motif. I wanted a valance on the window that would speak to the theme. I saw these tea towels at the hardware store in Carmel, years ago. They reminded me of the colors of old fashioned beach tents that I had seen in photos.
Wow, this was going to be easy! I ironed the towels and hung and gathered them over a tension rod...voila! It brightened the room right up and was easy, peazy!
Do you have a no sew easy decorating tip to share with us? Please post it to share in the comment section just below this post. Also, I would love it if you would subscribe to my Blog in the area on the right.
Melin

No comments:

Post a Comment