Thursday, May 4, 2017

Susan Branch at Apple Farm


I flew to Los Angeles this spring to spend a glorious week with my 
bestie,  assistant WE buyer-promoter-slave and sister, Linda Howard. 
We spent some time catching up,seeing my extended family, the beach,
 etc, then set out on a girlfriend's adventure to SOL. 
I had really only been through  San Luis Obispo and never stayed.
Our drive up the coast was fun. We stopped and explored (SHOPPED)
 in Arroyo Grande, a small town we both love. We could hardly wait 
to get to the Apple Farm Inn, so we didn't stay long.


I LOVED everything about the Inn, especially the flowers! I tried to do
 what the sign says. I am a rule follower, for the most part. 



The Inn is charming and the staff could not have been more welcoming and fun. 
They greeted us with wine and cookies and more.  Our room was close 
to the reception area...convenient!
They have a wonderful gift shop (more shopping) and tables with decor
 set  up all over the Inn for purchase, plus it was so springy!


The exciting person that brought us here is our beloved Susan Branch!


We could hardly wait to see her, hear her, be near her and talk to her. 
I know it sounds like we could be stalkers but we admire her  work and have all her
  books and just know she loves us as much as we love her (she really does)!


Once we checked in and received our wrist bands, we were invited 
to enjoy delicious treats and lemonade. It was very classy!


We met many like minded women, who are lovers of all things SB (like us).
We chatted and met others who saw her with us in Pasadena too.


It wasn't long before there she was in all her cuteness!
Don't you just love her outfit! 
Linda is just to the left of her left hand in this pic.


She is a true GIRLFRIEND (just like her book) and seemed as excited to
see us as we were to see her. She spoke for a bit then
opened it up for questions from us...FUN!


Here are the three of us in the traditional girlfriend signing pose.


She is so very generous and spends some quality time with each and 
every one of us. Susan is signing a very special Christmas print
of hers that Linda was generous to gift me. I will display it 
every Christmas to remind me of my two dear friends.
She signed our books too in her loving hand.


It was a magical trip from the start to the very end. We antiqued along 
our way home. Ate at many of my favorite restaurants too.
How blessed am I to have these two incredible 
woman that I call FRIEND?

The pictures were taken by me with my iPhone, and the husband's 
of Susan Branch (Joe) & Laura Lindsay.

Wishing you a spring adventure or two!
Melin
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment