Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Inspirational Memory Board

 
We know these have been popular for the past decade or so. I wanted to create one in for my
home, to make me smile, but I wanted to find just the right piece for me. I was really
looking (and looking) for something cool and vintage.

 
I was at a friend's home, around the corner, for her yard sale and found a piece that I love.
 It is a newer, but vintage inspired, decorative white metal piece. I think she let me have it for
 a mere $5! It looks perfect in our blue and white bedroom hung over an antique table.
 
 
 I have very s-l-o-w-l-y added some things of meaning or that delight me. As I take a quick
glance, I see flowers, birdies, pink and cards from loved ones...all treasures!
 
 
 The angel was a gift from Aimee, when I sat on her Soroptimist Board. The birdie card was
from my Missy Birdie and the hand print is my grand-baby, Will Bug's. In the bottom center,
of the photo below, is a felt flower, beautifully handmade by my first born, Mia.  
 
 
I have seen very special boards created from vintage gates, bedsprings, small fencing,
trellis', shutters, you name it. For more inspiration, take a look at Pinterest or Google images.
What will inspire you and what will your board say about you?
Melin
 


No comments:

Post a Comment