Monday, February 18, 2013

Five Personal Favorites for $5.00 (or less)!


 
Today I want to share a few of my all time favorite cheapo things with you! These products
make my life more joy-filled. I hope a few will do the same for you.
 
Let's start with The Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturizing Bath Beads. They are only
 $2.27 at Walmart. My favorite scents are the Botanical Garden and Gentle Breeze.
But I have to share how I use it because it makes them even more special. I fill the tub full of water that is super hot. I get in and sprinkle the beads all around me. They fizz as they mix into the water, filling your tub with the scent and relaxing champagne bubble effect...heaven!
 
The Olay Foaming Face Wash in "Gentle" is a great twice a day wash for only $4.99 at walgreens.com. It is easy and gentle, who can ask for more at this price?
 
The Bath & Body Works room sprays are wonderful! I use the Sweet Pea scent in our bedroom. This is an older style bottle and they do change the look from time to time but with the same great value.
They make scents for every room in your home. These are $5 regular price but watch for sales.
 
 
I LOVE the scent of Lemon Verbena! This triple milled soap, made in France from Trader Joes, is the best and for only $3.29 (no kidding)! I immediately unwrap the bars and put one in-between my towels and one in my lingerie drawer. The scent is perfect and you can use the soap when it fades.
 
I talk a lot (shocker) and use a lot of lip products. Some might say I have a chap-stick addiction. My all day every day favorite is Avon's Care Deeply Lip Balm with Aloe. I have to buy 20-30 of them at a time. They are only $.99 each at avon.com. While you are there, try the Avon Glimmersticks
Lip Liner. It is listed at $7.00 but I have never paid more than $4.00. My fave is the Mystery
Mauve. Seems to go with everything. I apply a balm layer, followed by lining my lips with
this and either add lipstick or move right on to my gloss.
 
Last, but not least, is my lip gloss. I have used it for years. It is wetnwild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in Chrystal Clear (561A). I apply it over my pencil or on top of my lipstick. After the first few uses,
it takes on the color of my lipstick but it doesn't make a difference at all. It is shiny and doesn't
 have the nasty taste that so many other glosses have. It is still just $1.99 at most drug stores. 
I have found it at Rite-Aid and  Walgreen's. Check at your local drug store or search it online. 
I hope you will try one of these great products and maybe it will become one of
your all time favorites. They bring joy to me each and every day!
 
Melin

No comments:

Post a Comment