Saturday, March 22, 2014

Easter Tablescape


 
I like to layer old and new when creating a seasonal tablescape. It let's me use some of my
collections and fun new things. I started with a newer pink tablecloth and
 layered on a vintage one in spring colors. The vintage tablecloths can
 be smaller,  so I use it on top at a diagonal for interest.

 
At each place setting, I used vintage milk glass serving trays as chargers with pink depression glass plates and pink French goblets. The beautifully simple silver was inherited from a dear old
 friend. It is fun to blend up collections. The napkins are Ikea and I love the birdies!
To add some fun, I made paper sack bunny favors (idea from Pinterest).
I even added a "cotton tail" on the back of each.
 
 
I put a few carrot chocolates here and there (I love cute treats). These were only a dollar for
 a netted bag of several at Target. Some fun decorations on the tree and voilà!
 
 
Oh, and you just have to have a few beautiful bunnies join the party!
Wishing you a fun time decorating your home and table
for Easter, Passover and springtime.
Melin
 

2 comments:

  1. You must be a very whimsical person to be able to decorate and create the way you do. Love all of it,when I finish this comment I will be subscribing to your blog and pinning. So glad I found your blog. The little cellophane ornaments you make are so precious, love your work. Happy Spring days
    Think I found you thru Free Pretty Things blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi srpprercrftr,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled you'll be following my blog!
    I wish I could take credit for the ornaments but they are from Bethany Lowe, a wonderful company WE carry at my shop, Wren Elizabeth Gifts. You can find the shop at www.wrenelizabethgifts.com. Feel free to Pin directly from the shop or blog, if something inspires you. WE love Pinterest!
    Wishing you a beautiful day,
    Melin

    ReplyDelete