Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Farm Chicks Adventure Part I

I have heard about The Farm Chicks Antique Show, in Spokane, WA, for years now and wanted
 to join in the fun. This was my year and I will share a few stories from my adventure here with
you over a few blog entries. The Farm Chicks is a two day event over the first
 weekend in June at the Spokane, WA Fairgrounds.
 

The Farm Chicks Show was started in 2002 by Serena Thompson. Serena is tiny and beautiful, a mother of four, contributing editor of Country Living Magazine, an author of two books and
co-creator of this great event. You can find out more about her and the show on her facebook page
at http://www.facebook.com/thefarmchicks or at http://thefarmchicks.com/antique-show/.  Her love for antiques, re-purposing and cuteness shine through all she does! Here WE are together below.


I was lucky to get to meet her and she signed the latest copy of Country Living Magazine for me.

 
 I flew to Washington State and met three of my grade and high school besties for this grand girlfriend adventure. Sue, Teri and I drove from NW WA along highway 2 to Spokane.
WE stopped in a darling Bavarian town, Leavenworth, for an early lunch and a bit of shopping.
Speaking of shopping...WE shopped ALL 8 days we were together!
WE arrived in Spokane and was greeted by Nancy, who lives near by in ID. Bless her heart,
she already had our wrist band tickets for both days of the event for all of us. WE were so
excited to all be together again! The last time was at my son's wedding 6 years ago.


Dinner was at Clinkerdagger, a beautiful restaurant on the river, at the falls.
 
 
This is our view during dinner!
 WE toasted our adventure with a few fun cocktails and wine.

 
I brought a small gift for each of us. Watch for a future blog called "Farm Chick Craft".
 
 
The dinner was perfect! WE knew WE had to get up early, so WE strolled back to our
hotel enjoying our reunion and precious time with dear long time friends. 
 
Stay tuned for The Farm Chicks Adventure Part II.
Melin

No comments:

Post a Comment