Saturday, July 2, 2011

Independence Day



Happy Independence Day, a bit early!

This is a picture of my old funky red wagon on my porch. It was an awesome flea market find a few years ago and it has been parked on our porch even since. I change it seasonal and enjoy it year round. This basket of faux geraniums grow beautifully in the shade of our covered porch when nothing else will.

I have had a thing for red geraniums long before they became the rage again. They are so cheery and bright! They are festive all summer long with our patriotic holidays, especially when a few flags are inserted.

I have three hanging baskets of real geraniums that hang from my porch, one is pictured above. They just make me happy everytime they catch my eye. What do you do to get ready to celebrate our freedom?

I will be enjoying the holiday with dear, old friends and family in our small mountain town. We will wave flags at our parade and enjoy the best fireworks ever over the lake with a barbecue in-between.

Make your day memorable.

Melin






No comments:

Post a Comment